Mylan Park: The Ins and Outs
Your go-to guide for one-of-a-kind events and sports facilities
Located in Morgantown, WV, approximately 1.6 miles off of I-79, sits 350 acres of open space known as Mylan Park.
Mylan Park is a non-profit recreational and educational complex featuring open land, sports fields, infrastructure for festivals, a 53,000 square-foot indoor center for one-of-a-kind events, and more. It’s no wonder Mylan Park is a popular destination for local events and organized athletic groups.
The Park’s mission is to plan, organize and support recreational and educational programs that not only benefit North Central West Virginia citizens, but also the local community of Morgantown and the entire Mountaineer Country.
Mylan Park Events
Mylan Park specializes in hosting some of the most popular events known to both locals of Mountaineer Country and tourists to the area. Thousands of guests attend events hosted at Mylan Park each year. In fact, the Park can host events of any size, ranging from 70-70,000 guests. With a 53,000 square-foot air-conditioned expo center, a 15,000 square-feet of pavilion spaces, and on-site catering and concessions, event directors have plenty of options to suit their needs.
Some of the most notable events that are, or have been, held at Mylan park include:
- MountainFest Motorcycle Rally
- Empty Bowls Monongalia
- Cupcakes and Craft Beer Festival (They have a family-friendly event, too!)
- Hops on the Mon Craft Beer Festival
- Cabin Fever Craft Beer Festival
- Morgantown Gun Show
- Monongalia County Fair
- WV Grand Bash
- West Virginia Fishing, Hunting, and Outdoor Sports Show
- 2019 Wild and Wonderful Country Fest
- Numerous Arts and Crafts Fairs
…and many more!
Mylan Park offers open play and camps for sports like soccer, lacrosse, baseball, and softball, as well as private lessons and clinics for young and aspiring athletes. Mylan’s multi-purpose turf field stays busy with middle-to-high school level athletes, as well as adults and coaches. Download Mylan Park’s spring/summer guide and start planning your child’s activities today.
Mylan Park Facilities
Mylan Park offers a variety of facilities to fit everyone’s needs. Access to each facility is easy to navigate and parking is always free. Restrooms and concessions are available at most sites, and
the weather is not a factor. The main facilities include:
- Lower Turf Youth and High School Baseball Field
- Upper Turf Youth Baseball/Softball Field
- Multi-Purpose Turf Field: includes goals and lines of the field for a variety of sports
- Anker Fields: four natural fields–two high school baseball and two high school softball–recently renovated
- Lower Park Pavilion: 6,000 square-feet of shaded area with a concrete base, making it the perfect spot for a family picnic or group party
- New Track Center: a new addition to the Park, which features a 400 meter, 9-lane outdoor track as well as a warm-up track. It includes a sound and public address system with video boards, a press box and more, making it perfect for a track meet
- Ruby Community Center: a 50,000 square-foot indoor center making it perfectly equipt for large events and conventions
If you heard about an Aquatic Center coming to Mylan Park, you’re right! Opening Fall 2019, the Aquatic Center will feature a fully-accessible 75,000 square-foot facility with two pools–a 50m Olympic pool and a zero-depth entry recreational pool with six lanes. That’s not all! Kids will love the outdoor splash pad, slide and play areas, too!
Mylan Park RV Parking & Camp Sites
Traveling into Morgantown in an RV or camper? Mylan Park offers 30 paved RV sites–open year round–perfect for an overnight stay before a West Virginia University football game, local fair, or family reunion. Electricity, water, and septic hookups are available. Plus, grills and pets are allowed! Pull-thru and back-in RV sites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call 304-973-9733 to reserve your location today.
WVU Football fans who book all six WVU home games upfront, can receive 20% off their overall stay. Go Mountaineers!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.