The Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) regularly contacts social media users for permission to feature their content on its website (www.tourmorgantown.com), social channels, and various promotional materials. Please allow this letter to constitute a formal request by the GMCVB for your permission to use your social media content as aforesaid. The GMCVB appreciates your consideration of its usage request.
- GMCVB and its marketing agency will be able to include your user generated content on the GMCVB website (www.tourmorgantown.com), social media channels, promotional materials and other properties of GMCVB and all GMCVB affiliates, successors, and assigns.
- You hereby grant the GMCVB a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sell, assign, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display any Submission in whole or in part, as well as your name and other identifying information, including without limitation any social media identifier, handle, profile picture, image, likeness, posts, statements or other information available or provided by you, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed in connection with the GMCVB marketing, advertising and promotional activities referred to above.
- By making or agreeing to share your content with the GMCVB, you promise the following:
- that you are 18 years or older;
- that if children are featured in the content, you are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors in the content;
- that you own or otherwise control the rights to your content and any and all elements thereof;
- that you have the rights from any and all third parties appearing in the content to use their names, images or likenesses and any other third party-owned elements as necessary in and as part of your content; and
- that your content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations.
- GMCVB shall have the right to use your username, real name, image, descriptions of you, location or other identifying information, including but not limited to your voice, in connection with any use of your content.
- You acknowledge that GMCVB is not responsible for, and has no liability for, any use of all or any part of the submitted content. You affirmatively agree to hold harmless and fully release, remise, acquit, forever discharge, and waive GMCVB, along with its respective officers, directors, employees, and successors, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that you or your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have, whether now or in the future, relating to the use of your content, including, but not limited to, any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or copyright, or any other potential right or claim you might have whatsoever.
- GMCVB reserves the unilateral right, at its sole discretion, to edit any content and to choose to include, not include or remove content from its website or in any other materials.