Explore Greater Morgantown
Dare to be wild and wonderful.
Venture outside for scenic trails, roller coaster rapids and more in the area’s rugged landscape. Share your interests and we’ll keep you updated on events, insider tips and discounts on the activities you enjoy.
The Mountains Are Calling
For as long as you stand still, the smell of the moss, the sounds of birds and water spiking over rocks are all yours. But there’s more, just beyond the trees. Coopers Rock State Forest offers miles of leg-stretching trails, a scenic 1,200 ft. overlook in the Cheat River Canyon and some of the best rock climbing in the east. Check out the various ways you can breathe in the fresh air in Greater Morgantown.
- Rock Climbing – The mountains of Greater Morgantown provide bountiful rock formations for all levels of rock climbing.
- Hiking – Paved and dirt paths serve as great guides to view and explore varied species of trees, plants, flowers and wildlife.
- Camping – Pitch your tent, park your RV or rent a rustic cabin in the scenic mountains and wooded areas of Greater Morgantown!
Unearth the Thrills
Ride out our roller coaster whitewater rapids! The Cheat River features Class III-V rapids, family float trips, and guided raft/ducky tours. But there’s more, just beyond bend.
- Zip Lining – The Adventure WV canopy tour is comprised of three zip lines, an aerial bridge, and a tandem rappel station. Check out their Mountaineer Deal for 10 percent off a zipline canopy tour!
- Mountain Biking – Walk, run, or bike along the scenic beauty of the Mon. River, Deckers Creek and more.
- Whitewater Rafting – From beginner to advanced, a whitewater adventure awaits you minutes away from Greater Morgantown!
Not only is Greater Morgantown home to various outdoor opportunities, we also strive to offer deals for the activities you love! Visit our Mountaineer Deals to search for a variety of coupons you can use in the Greater Morgantown area!
Upcoming Outdoor Events
Want the latest news on Greater Morgantown’s adventures? Sign up for our newsletter.
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.