Christmas Events in Greater Morgantown
Parades, Plays and Plenty of Holiday Fun!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights and visiting Santa …one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating and your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or you’re visiting Greater Morgantown, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays and numerous activities, there is always “MORE” to do when you’re here for the holidays.
Upcoming Christmas Events
- Head to Preston County Inn on Saturday, December 2 for Breakfast with Santa
- Santa will also be at the Morgantown Mall all season long, starting Friday, November 17 until Christmas Day, for kids to meet and take photos with him
- Morgantown Mall is hosting a free Sensitive Santa meet and greet on Sunday, December 3 from 9:00am to 11:00am
- You can bring your furry friend to Pet Valu for Pet Photos with Santa on Saturday, December 2 from 12pm to 3pm. There will be a $10 donation to All Mutts Matter for photos
- You can also visit Morgantown Mall on Sunday, December 10 for Pet Photos with Santa. Photo packages start at $24.99 and all pets must remain on a leash.
- You can also visit Pet Valu for Pet Photos with Santa on December
- Join Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Erickson Alumni Center on Saturday, December 16 for brunch from 10am to 2pm
- Atria’s is having a Breakfast with Santa event starting at 10am on Saturday, December 16. Enjoy delicious breakfast, pictures with Santa and more!
- The Mason-Dixon Historical Park is also holding an event with games and cookie decorating, as well as Santa himself, on Saturday, December 16 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Main Street Christmas Parade: Monday, Nov. 27 at 6:00pm in Kingwood
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: Monday, Dec. 4 at 6:30pm on High Street
- Star City Christmas Parade: Friday, Dec. 8 at 6:30pm on University Avenue
Plays and Events
- MAC’s Seasonal Holiday Exhibition: Monday, Nov. 20-December 24 at 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Christmas Vendor Market: Monday, Nov. 27 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at Preston Community Arts Center
- Frosty the Snowman Paint and Sip: Friday, Dec. 1 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Preston Community Arts Center
- Live Nativity-Adore Him: Friday, Dec. 1-9 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Kingdom a Community Church
- Moscow Ballet’s “Great Russian Nutcracker:” Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30pm at CAC
- Jingle Brawl 2017: Saturday, Dec. 2 from 5:00-9:00pm at Hazel and J.W. Ruby Community Center
- Christmas Homecoming Celebration in Bruceton Mills at 6:30pm
- “A Christmas Story” The Musical: Dec. 2-10, at various times at Metropolitan Theatre
- “Home for the Holidays:” Monday, Dec. 4 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm at the CAC
- “A Christmas Carol:” Wednesday, Dec. 13-20 at various time at the CAC
- Ebenezer contemporary dance production: Dec. 14-16 at 8pm and Dec. 16 and 17 at 2pm at M.T. Pockets Theatre
- The steel bands of cb studios “Rhythms of the Holidays:” Dec. 15 at 7pm at Wesley United Methodist Church
- BOPARC’s Glow Candy Cane Hunt on Friday, Dec. 15 at 6:30pm!
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Holiday Concert: Dec. 16 at 7:30pm at the Metropolitan Theatre
- 44th Annual Children’s Christmas Party: Saturday, Dec. 16 from 10:00am to 12:00pm at Kingwood Public Library
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Greater Morgantown this holiday season.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know.
Plus, share your favorite Greater Morgantown holiday activity or tradition with us by using #TourMorgantown!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.