2018 Christmas Events in Greater Morgantown
Parades, Plays and Plenty of Holiday Fun!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights and visiting Santa …one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating and your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or you’re visiting Mountaineer Country, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays and numerous activities, there is always MORE! to do when you’re here for the holidays.
- Santa will also be at the Morgantown Mall all season long, starting Friday, November 16 until Christmas Eve, for kids to meet and take photos with him
- Morgantown Mall is hosting Sensitive Santa meet and greet this holiday season, up until Christmas Eve.
- Middletown Tractor will be hosting Santa on December 1st at 10:00 am. Bring a canned good to donate to the Fairmont Union Mission and get a free digital photo with Santa!
- The WV Black Bears Holiday Party will have a meet and greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus on Sunday, December 2 at 2:00 pm.
- Head to Preston County Inn on Saturday, December 8 at 9:00 a.m. for Breakfast with Santa
- Join Triple S Harley Davidson on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9 from 11:00am to 4:00pm for pictures with Santa. There will be an inflatable bounce house, ornament coloring station, and plenty of games for the kids while you wait to see Santa. Prices start at $10.00.
- The Mason-Dixon Historical Park is holding their 3rd annual event with games and cookie decorating, as well as Santa himself, on Saturday, December 15 starting at 5:00pm.
- Alpine Lake Resort will be presenting Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 16 from 9:00am to 11:00am. Free for children 12 and under. Enjoy breakfast, pictures with Santa, cookie decorating and more!
- Atria’s is having a Pajama Party with Santa event starting at 6pm on Saturday, December 22.Visit us with your little ones for photos with Santa, an elf DJ, holiday crafts and more!
- The Erickson Alumni Center is hosting a Lunch with Santa on Sunday, December 16 at 12:00pm.
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: Monday, Dec. 3 at 6:30pm in Downtown Morgantown
- Kingwood Christmas Parade: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 12:00pm (Noon) in Preston County
- Star City Christmas Parade and Event: Friday, Dec. 7 from 7:00-8:00pm on University Avenue
- Fairmont Christmas Parade: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 5:00pm.
Plays and Events
- The Festival of Trees: Tuesday, Nov. 27 until Saturday, Dec. 8. The display is open to the public, with varying hours from day to day, at Gallery 62 West by the Taylor County Arts Council.
- Adult Tea-vent: Nightmare Before Christmas: Friday, Nov. 30 at The Tea Shoppe in Downtown Morgantown starting at 7:00pm. Cost is $25.
- Choral Concert “A Winter Gala:” Saturday, Dec. 1 at 7:30pm at CAC. A choral celebration featuring performances by the WVU Chamber Singers, Women’s Choir and Men’s Choir and the West Virginia Community Choir. Suitable for the whole family! $7-22.
- Great Cookie Challenge: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 12:30pm in Preston Community Arts Center. Following Main Street Kingwood’s Christmas Parade at noon, attend the parade and then come inside to sample wonderful homemade cookies with a $2 admission and shop for unique one-of-a-kind Christmas presents made by local artisans.
- 8th Annual Jingle Brawl- Bashing Through the Snow: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 3:00pm. This is hosted by the Morgantown Roller Vixens and it’s a 4 team Christmas-themed women’s roller derby scrimmage–$5-12.
- The WV Black Bears Holiday Party: Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2:00pm. This event will be held at the Monongalia County Ballpark and will feature a Santa Clause Meet and Greet, as well as cupcake and ornament decorating.
- The Monongalia County 4-H program: Monday, Dec. 3 at 5:30pm. Members of the 4-H program will be caroling and distributing free hot chocolate at the Monongalia County Courthouse Square during the Morgantown Christmas Parade.
- The Holiday Tree Light-Up: Monday, Dec. 3 at 6:00pm. The tree will be set up in front of the Monongalia County Courthouse Square.
- Moscow Ballet’s “Great Russian Nutcracker:” Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 7:30pm at CAC. Tickets are $50.
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: Fairmont, WV, on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 11:00am to 5:00pm. Enjoy great food and wine, delight in the music of the season, and shop local artisans for your holiday wish-list.
- It’s a Wonderful Life: Dec. 14-16 and Dec. 19-20 at 7:30pm (2:00pm on Sundays) at CAC. Tickets are $13-22.
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Greater Morgantown this holiday season.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know and we will add it to the list!
Plus, share your favorite Greater Morgantown holiday activity or tradition with us by using #TourMorgantown or #MorgantownMoment and we may use your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.