Hop into Spring in Mountaineer Country
Are you tired of the cold weather and can’t wait until you can store your sweaters and boots back in your closet? Luckily, spring is right around the corner! No matter what the forecast says, March 20 is the first official day of spring and Greater Morgantown has tons of events and outdoor activities to get you excited for the season!
Morgantown Area Paddlers
The group, Morgantown Area Paddlers, promotes the beauty of or our river as they enjoy taking fun trips together each week through paddling, kayaking, and canoeing. Check out their Facebook page and connect with their group to find out more information regarding their river trips, meetings, and community activities.
Rails to Trails Biking
The Rails to Trails is the perfect place to go for a scenic cycling trip along the river. Whether you are a passionate athlete or leisure cyclist, these trails will be open and ready for traffic as the temperature rises in Greater Morgantown. Check out a full list of trails around Greater Morgantown and plan your next outing!
Hiking Coopers Rock
Grab your friends and family, or your furry friend, and take a hike at Cooper’s Rock State Forest! No matter what you’re hiking experience is, there are more than 20 trails to choose from. Make sure to stop at Cooper’s Rock overlook while you’re there for a picturesque view!
Zip Line Canopy Tour
Zip 35 miles per hour through the trees at Adventure WV Zip Line Canopy Tour. Whether you’re a pro or you’re trying it for the first time, experience ziplining at 3,000 feet and get educational tips on the forest at the same time! Plus, you can use our Mountaineer Deal!
View more outdoor adventures and plan your next trip to Greater Morgantown!
- Wycliffe Gordon & His International All Stars: Friday, March 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Annual Indoor Easter Egg Hunt: Sunday, March 25 at 3:00 p.m.
- WVU Baseball vs. Pittsburgh: Tuesday, March 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Amazing Eggs: Saturday, March 31 at 10:00 a.m.
- Easter Brunch: Sunday, April 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Rodgers + Hammerstein’s “Cinderella:” Tuesday, April 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- WVU Medicine Children’s Kids Fair: Saturday, April 7 from 10:00-3:00 p.m.
- Cabin Fever Craft Show: Saturday, April 7 from 10:00-4:00 p.m.
- Showmasters Gun Show: Saturday, April 7 – Sunday, April 8 at 9:00 a.m.
- WVU Gold-Blue Spring Football Game: Saturday, April 7 at 1:00 p.m.
Show us how you spend time outdoors this spring by using #TourMorgantown!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.