18 Ideas for a Greater Morgantown Getaway in 2018
Make the most out of your visit to Mountaineer Country
Now that it’s 2018, many individuals have started their resolutions. For some, it may be maintaining a workout routine, working towards a promotion at work, sticking to a healthy diet, traveling more, or trying something for the first time.
If you’re hoping to travel more and explore new adventures this year, Greater Morgantown is the place to visit! With a college town in its back yard and four seasons to enjoy picturesque scenery, there’s something the whole family can enjoy!
Want to host a tailgate or visit a local winery? You can do that here. Want to go zip lining with your friends? You can do that here, too! Plan your next trip to Greater Morgantown with our must-do activities below and make the most out of 2018!
2. Go white-water rafting
3. Hike Cooper’s Rock and take a picture at Cooper’s Rock overlook
4. Travel back in time at the Morgantown History Museum
5. Go to a happy hour on High Street and enjoy the nightlife in Downtown Morgantown
7. Order a Fishbowl at Mario’s Fishbowl
10. Take the family to a WV Black Bears game
11. Attend WVU’s Homecoming Weekend and Ride the PRT
12. Take a walk through West Virginia University’s Downtown Campus and take a picture in front of Woodburn Hall
13. Bike or walk the trail
14. Enjoy the arts and buy tickets to a concert, play, comedy show and more
15. Shop fresh produce at the local farmer’s market each week
16. Camp under the stars
17. Register for the 4th Annual Morgantown Marathon
Want to experience all 20? Print out our 2018 Greater Morgantown checklist and see how many events and activities you complete this year!
What are your 2018 resolutions? Have a favorite spot in Greater Morgantown you recommend checking out or visiting for the first time? Share with us by using #TourMorgantown!