Halloween Events in Greater Morgantown
We have all of your Halloween Events and Activities this October!
Whether you’ve decorated your house with seasonal decor, you’re getting ready to carve pumpkins, or you’ve been planning your costume since last year, Halloween is a fun holiday the entire family can get involved in…even your pets! If you’re a Greater Morgantown local looking to hand out candy in your neighborhood or attend a party with a costume contest, we’ve created a must-have guide for all of your spooky needs! (You don’t have to go bobbing for apples to make plans this year, unless you want to of course!) Grab your friends, the kids and the rest of the family, and get ready to “out-scare” the rest!
“Trick or Treat”
Monday, October 30th
Kids 12 years and under can dress up in their costumes and Trick-or-Treat around the Morgantown Mall from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Participating stores and vendors will be handing out candy and goodies. Kids can also enter into the costume contest starting at 5pm until 6:30pm! The top three best overall costumes will receive prizes! Goody bags will be available while supplies last. The event is free and there is no registration necessary for trick-or-treating – only for the costume contest. Read additional rules and registration information here.
Grab the kiddos and head over to Suncrest Town Center for an evening of fun from 6:30 to 8:00pm. All children are welcome to attend, but must be accompanied by an adult. Once you park the car, walk up and and down the sidewalk to fill your bucket with candy!
- Granville: Community festival for residents, 5:30 to 8:00pm on Friday, October 27
- Morgantown: 6:30pm to 8:00pm if you’re inside city limits on Tuesday, October 31
- Star City: 6:00pm to 7:30pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Westover: 6:30pm to 8:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Newburg: 5:00pm to 6:30pm. The annual Rotary Club party follows at 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Rowlesburg: 5:00pm to 6:30pm. The Lions Club hosts a costume contest and BINGO at 7:00pm at the VFW on Tuesday, October 31
- Brandonville: 5:30pm to 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Terra Alta: 5:30pm to 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Kingwood: 5:30pm to 7:00pm, followed by a community party at 7:00pm at the Craig Civic Center on Tuesday, October 31
- Unincorporated areas of Preston County: 5:30pm to 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Bruceton Mills: 6:00pm to 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 31
For More Halloween Fun…
Friday, October 13th
Paint & Sip (Halloween-Themed)
Complete a beautiful one-of-a-kind Halloween painting with Preston High art teacher Holly Grove. Each student will be provided with an easel, canvas, paint & brushes to use. Light refreshments and drinks are included. Call by October 8 to reserve your spot in the class!
Saturday, October 21st
The Hemophilia Walk is West Virginia’s flagship fundraiser for the state’s bleeding disorders community. The event begins at 10:00AM at the Caperton Trail at the Waterfront Place Hotel. Registration deadline is October 19 at 11:45pm.
Friday, October 27th
Get the kids (12 years or under) dressed up for an evening of dancing and games held at the Preston Community Arts Center in Kingwood, WV for from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Saturday, October 28th
Plan your best costume for Alpine Lake Resort’s Costume Dance Party from 8:00pm to 12:00am. Four cash prizes for costumes: best dressed, scariest, best couple, and funniest/most original. There will also be music from Phantom Entertainment. It’s $5 per person to get into the event and hotel rooms start at $59 for October 27 and 28! Book now while they are available.
Sunday, October 29th
Join Triple S Harley Davidson for a costume contest, in-store poker run, DJ entertainment by Steel City DJ/MC Entertainment and more from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. A total of 2,000 customer loyalty points will be given to the 1st place winner in the costume contest and a $250 Triple S H-D gift card to the poker run winner! Play 1st hand free and arrive in costume to play a 2nd hand free. Additional hands will be available for a $5 donation to the Marine Corps League Detachment 342.
Where else are you celebrating Halloween in Greater Morgantown? Share your fun with us by using #TourMorgantown.