Greater Morgantown has been recognized by well-known national media outlets for not only its wonderful food and restaurants, but for its charm and diversity. A unique mix of college-town and tourism, Morgantown is among the top-rated U.S. cities to live, work, and play. Take a look at the recognition that Morgantown has gotten over the years.
- Most locals know that Morgantown has great food, but others have started to notice, too! Morgantown was recognized as both “The Best Town for Foodies” by WV Living and as the “Tastiest Town” by the Charleston Gazette.
- Morgantown is ranked the #1 “Most Exciting Place in West Virginia” by Movoto for its nightlife, music, and art. Morgantown is also ranked as an “Adventure Town” by National Geographic Adventure Magazine.
- As one of twelve locations in the country, Morgantown was recognized as a “Distinctive Destination” by National Trust for Historic Preservation and ranked #13 out of the “Top 75 Cities & Towns in America” by the American Institute of Economic Research (AIER).
- Morgantown was recognized as one of the “Best Quality of Life Metropolitan Areas in the Country” by Expansion Management. It has also been awarded “Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly City” by the League of American Bicyclists and as a “Tree City” for multiple years in a row.
- Home to the West Virginia Mountaineers, Morgantown was recognized as one of “America’s Top College Football Towns” by Budget Travel. Morgantown is also one of the “Best Sports Cities” according to The Sporting News.
- Morgantown was ranked #2 for the “Best College Towns in the Country for Students” and #10 for “Overall College Destinations” by AIER. Morgantown was also recognized as #20 for “Best College Towns in America” by Best College Reviews.
- All current and former WVU students have helped Morgantown earn the #1 spot for “Best Walking City in West Virginia” and as the 34th “Best Walking City in the County” according to a study by Prevention Magazine and American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
- Morgantown is one of the “Top 12 College Towns for Commuting on Foot” by The SpareFoot Blog and the title of “Well City” by the Wellness Councils of America and the Wellness Council of West Virginia.
- Thinking about moving to a smaller area? Morgantown was recognized as the “3rd Best Small Town in America” by Men’s Journal and as the “Best Small City in the East” by The Rating Guide to Life in America’s Small Cities.
- Morgantown has plenty of room for growth as #12 out of “100 Leading Locations in the United States” by Area Development Magazine. It has also been recognized as the fifth “Best Boomtown City in the Country” and the 12th “Hottest Small City: Boomtown (metros with a population less than 150,000)” by Inc.
- Dream BIG when you come to Morgantown! Not only was Morgantown recognized as the #1 “Dreamtown in the Country” by Biz Journals, but also fourth in the “Top Best Places to Live in West Virginia” by Movoto.
- Ranked #2 in “Best Metros for Jobs” and #6 of the “25 Best Cities to Find a Job” by Career Builder, Morgantown is referred to as one of the six “Recession-Proof Economies” by Job Bait.
- Morgantown is among the “Top 10 Best Performing Small Cities” according to Milken Institute. It is also ranked as one of the “Best Small Places to Launch a Small Business” and 7th “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” by Forbes.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, ranked Morgantown as #29 in the “Smartest Places to Live” and makes the “Top 20 Most Secure U.S. Places to Live” by The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies.
- Named by Forbes as the “Top 25 Places to Retire, Morgantown is one of the “Best Places to Retire” according to Money.com and named as a “Retire Here, Not There” location by SmartMoney Magazine.
- Morgantown is ranked second in the “Top 10 Cities for Affordable Health Care” by Livability and also named a “Top 10 Places to Retire Under $100 a Day” by AARP Magazine.
- Want to work during retirement? Milken Institute named Morgantown as #2 of the “Best Cities for Working Retirement.” In addition, Morgantown earned the “Well Workplace Bronze Award” by the Wellness Councils of America.
Web Design & Tourism Marketing by BlaineTurner Advertising